Thursday, April 16, 2009

April!

This is what I wanted to blog about in the last month, but here it is all in one shpeel:

RECORSTRATION OFFICE 2009 AWARD:
Every year the Records and Registration Office (where I work) has an awards ceremony. They are all silly things like something we did or said. Last year I got the "Dangerous with a Vacuum" award (of course it was lovingly given!). This was because during our office spring cleaning, I sucked up my boss's phone cord with the vacuum. EEee! So this year I got the "I feel like a hobo carrying my guitar across campus" award.
This is because on Tuesdays and Thursdays I had a guitar class from 6-7 pm. I borrowed the guitar from Travis (thank you!) but I did not have a guitar case. So I eventually ended up using my duffel bag. I zip up the body of the guitar in the bag with the head still sticking out and swing it around my should/neck, and I am good to go. Needless to say, it looks funny.
I was often on campus from 8 or 9 am to 7 or 8 pm. So I had to carry everything with me for that day. So I had my huge backpack, guitar, bulky coat, and sometimes a back full of food for the day. I felt so weighed down and sluggish as I walked around. I felt like I was carrying my life around! So whenever I went to work I would say, "I feel like a hobo walking around campus." They thought that was funny.

We tried to capture what it looks like, but it didnt' really work. Sorry, you miss out!

EASTER:
Tessa and I seriously sometimes look like twins. We were reminiscing here about the robin egg lip stick. I cannot make a kissing face. (I hope I don't look like that in real life when I go in for the shot! Oy! hehe)

APRIL FOOL'S DAY:
My roommates LOVE to prank people, especially their friends! So I was very scared for April Fool's Day. They haven't pranked me before (supposedly, I am too angelic to prank...haha). They didn't do anything all day, but when I came home that night they had put cups filled with water in the entrance to mine and Liz's room. It did not have the walk way at first, this picture is after we cleared a way. But HAHA, because I am tall and have impecably long legs, I easily jumped over the mess of deviousness. So I hopped back and forth from room to room so that Liz could see the surprise that awaited her. She was not able to hop over them as easily as me, so we cleaned it up. It was a good try, but I still think they have not pranked me! (Anna- if you read this, don't go getting any ideas! I know where you live!)
I did a bit of baking and experimenting this month. Here are some results, for good and for bad!
These were lemon merangue (spelling?) pies that I made. They looked pretty. I didn't cook the lemon stuff long enough for the pie above. It turned out runny. But the second pie turned out great and was delicious. They took forever to make, but I was very proud of myself!
This was a pumpkin cake that I made from scratch. Pumpkin and all! Ooo- and with cream cheese frosting. It was super moist. (Don't ask why I had to take a picture of it...I guess it's a blogging thing I do now. This goes for all my food pictures. I guess I 'feel' like I have to show the world everything I do. Bah.)

This was an experiment out of desperation. Potatoes, hamburger, onions, green pepper, cheese. It was okay.

Wouldn't you be smiling too if you had that in you! Mmmm!
WARD TALENT SHOW:


This is the talent that I shared. Camille initially taught me. People tend to like it. Although my rommates CAN do it, they choose not to join in, but to be assistants for the performance. My friend, Phil, helped me though. He was a lot better at it than me! Okay, I was TERRIBLE! At least I made people laugh! Oh well!
Liz and I after getting 'whipped'


Check this out! Some guys in my ward replicated the YouTube video from Ok Go-"A Million Ways". They did it to a T! This is the second half of the music video! Compare it from the movie on YouTube.com! You'll appreciate it a lot more! Pretty impresive. Or just a sign of how much time they have on their hands...
Friends, and more friends...


(Haha, that's Gavin McGregor, the BYU b-ball player, didn't think he could dance did ya?)
Cute friends, that did a skit about frolicking

(My roommate) Liz and Matt, they just got engaged last week! (yet, another exciting thing to add to the list) **See below for more details.

My rommates- Kelli and Chelsi! Cute picture huh! Another interesting April list item is that Chelsi just got Mono! :(

I believe that Tessa taught me that! Truly a "Tessa Face".
LIZ'S ENGAGEMENT ANNOUNCEMENT:
Friday, 2 am... Liz announces her engagement to her roommates. Haha, I already knew about though! Yes, this is how my roommates respond to exciting things. Squeeling and jumping. It makes things fun. Welcome to APT. 46!

Till next- peace out!

2 comments:

  1. Very funny. Loved the talent. You're a great gal. Love you much!!! Glad you have had a good year of school with roomies, ward, and classes. Hope it's a great summer too! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. that video was so funny. right on your forehead. man. good times. i still think that we should live by eachother in the spring summer stuff. but you know, whatever.

    ReplyDelete