Saturday, January 24, 2009

ALMOST Springtime

This is how I felt like the weather was today. There has been crusty snow on the ground lately, but because of the recent rain, you could see the GRASS!!! And it was green, and almost luscious, and beautiful! It made me really excited for the up and coming spring time. (Is spring time/springtime one word or two words?) I got really anxious and wanted to go for a walk. But it is like psuedo spring because there is still ice and snow, but i can see the green grass! Ugh.


Oh, but how I love the Spring. Besides stress and finals and getting out of the winter drag and anxiously wearing summer clothes when you know it is too cold to do so, it is a wonderful time of the year. I would have to argue that May and June are 'some' of the best months of the year for the reason that the earth is renewed and BEAUTIFUL! I think it was my parent's that taught me to enjoy the nature around me. Dad would pause to look at a rainbow,the night sky, water works, or a look out point (even if it wasn't that impressive). My mom gardened and planted flowers in a wonderful way. On good-weathered Sundays we would take a walk and they noticed the beauty around us. The earth is beautiful! Perhaps I'll try to grow (ok well, not literally...that would be scary) and develop like a 'beautiful butterfly' or flower. Then by May, I'll be in full blossom. Yea, that would be a good thing.

3 comments:

  1. May huh, full blossom huh. Ok, sounds perfect to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like spring too. I think I like it the most because it is bicycle/scooter weather. Cheers to spring and it's arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So if you love Spring so much. How are you feeling now? Looks like Father Winter will be around for another month or so.

    ReplyDelete