Saturday, February 21, 2009

This calls for a celebration or something!


So- dadadatata... I finally turned in my petition to change my major "officially" to Family Life: Marriage and Family emphasis. I had to petition because I have senior status. (And I guess they don't like eternal students?) So I went through a two folders that I have had since my freshman year. During the last three years I would go to the different advisement centers and get MAPS and info about the majors. I wouldn't really read them, but I stuck them in a folder and added stress to my life. So I disgarded all of the info sheets and planning sheets and major information from 2005-2006. Yikes! I should have burned them (or recycled!), but I just tossed them in the garbage. It was quite the stack. Yes, I collect papers.

Anyways, now I have to wait until next week to see if they even approve of my major change. The dean of the college (the head hauncho [spelling?]) has to approve me. Oy ve! So I hope I get approved. I don't owe my mother money, and that's a good thing because I'm broke. And looking back I can see how I have been guided and how it has been a process for me. A good process. Long, but good. I probably prolonged it way too long or more than was necessary, but I can tell how Heavenly Father helped me and the many things I was exposed to and learned along the way.


While I was looking through the folder I found my acceptance letter and information from BYU. Yes, of course I put it in my scrapbook. ...For reals, I did. Not for fakes.

It was a great feeling and I am happy. Always nervous for the future, because now I get to decide on an internship and maybe graduate school and deciding on a focus for that. But maybe I'll just focus on the here and now and do my best. Yea, that'd be good.

HAPPY FACE!

1 comment: