We (meaning 3 people) had a [small] surprise birthday party for my co-worker. Here's is one of my favorite party games- Balloon Boxing. We were having so much fun!
Christina did not like it very much though!




We found this amazing park with a frisbee golf course on it. It's called Bicentennial Park in South Provo. I think I went about 3 times in one week. It is beautiful, but the misquitos eat you alive!












We went boating for the first time this year. I always enjoy the wind in my hair! hehe. Then I took a picture of the shadow of my hair because it looked like dreads. The funny part was that the shadow was on the surf board with Bob Marley painted on it. ...ok, maybe you had to be there. Becky got up water skiing. I have pictures and video of her and Travis surfing, water-skiing, and their tubing wars. I'll have to enter that another time because I hate uploading videos.






The Fourth of July was fun. I volunteered the day before at the Colonial Village they have on Center Street. It is sweet because you just show up and they dress you in time appropriate dresses. I got a beautiful dress this year. Sadly, this is the only semi-decent picture I got of it. They located me in the museum they have there to help visitors. I was mostly in the "Lincoln" room. It was funny, because although I am a getting a minor in History, I hardly knew anything. So all I could do was point to a picture displayed and say, "Now, this is one of my favorites. Look how detailed it is. It is pretty amazing." The end. It was good none the less.

We went to the parade. It was fine. Just the usual. My favorite parts are when the flag and veterans go by, the bag-pipe players, free coupons, and when the Provo, UT mission missionaries walk by. RM's eat your hearts out, you'll love this. Everyone stands for the flag. People cheer for their favorite political candidates in their fancy cars, occasional thrills will come by, but no other entry is greeted with such a respect and excitement as the missionaries for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. People stand and cheer and clap.
BEN- you'd love this. It would get you so stoked.
I can never tell if the missionaries are eating it all up, or if they are just hot and tired and want to continue with their work.
Dad, Tate, and I went to an exhibit at the SCERA park relating to Ellis Island. It was interesting.
Last week, we had our family reunion. It was really good for me to see all of my cousins. Especially those that are older with children. Because we never see each other or communicate. We had fun doing cheers, cooking, playing, talking, shooting rockets, hiking, canoeing, and other acts of mischief. You got to love the great outdoors when you're "camping" (aka- hot water, electricity, cabins, vacuums, you name it).
This is my cousin Georgia, and me with Taylor after our rockets were destroyed.

I was glad Travis and Becky were able to come! They always add so much to wherever they are.




We played a lot of jump rope. I am proud to say that I still rock at Double-Dutch. All those hard years of Jump Team really paid off! ;)


This weekend I went to my YSA ward's campout at Blackhawk. We had great fun jumping off a dock and swimming in Payson Lakes at 9 pm, stargazing, sleeping in a tent, etc. Then on Saturday Travis, Becky, Sophie, and I went tubing down the Provo River. It was AMAZING. Everyone should try that in their life time. The water was freezing! I definetely had a numb bumb and froozen feet by the time we were done. Those 3 are great people. They are so loyal. We held onto each other most of the way (which I usually don't like to do, because I often am Miss Independent). It was very nice. Afterwards since we were wet, we went to the Raintree and went swimming. It was crowded with people-blah.
I was recently called as a Relief Society Instructor and so I taught today about the Plan of Redemption. It is so important to have the Holy Ghost when teaching! I always could use more preparation!
Then the most interesting thing that happened today was that I met a man who can play the Saw! My friend's dad can play a saw as a musical instrument. It makes a really eerey sound, but it is really beautiful. He just bends the saw and uses a bow to make vibrations. It was incredible. We went tunnel singing and he came, it made the hymns sound so beautiful. Anyways, you learn something new every day!
It's been a good summer. I left out a lot, but I'm tired and you get the just of it! Chow for now!



great post noelle. it was fun all the way around. you live such a fun life. love, travis
ReplyDeleteI want you to take back all those terrible pictures you posted of your mother. I really do have some dignity. Although it looks as if I am crazy. Maybe I am!!!!
ReplyDeletelooks like fun. great family there.
ReplyDeletehave a great day!
Thank you so much for the lovely comment! I wonder if anyone else notices that I never 'show skin' :) Not sure if you knew but I'm LDS. I always LOVE visiting other LDS bloggers - it's a safe haven. I know I will always leave with a smile on my face and that I'll never see anything that'll shock me :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing the lovely family pics! Adding you to my blogroll now.
Oh, do stop by to enter my giveaway!
Noelley!! I miss you so much! You are a beautiful, amazing person. It was fun getting a little update on your life.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, sorry I never called you a few weeks ago when I said I would call you. I really do want to talk and catch up! I am returning to Provo this weekend!!! So we should definitely get together soon :) I WILL call you!
I posted on a couple of your previous posts, so be sure to check them too. Love ya!!